Thursday 2 August 2012

Crisp... crunch... CHIPS! (round 1)

Hi, I'm Alister, I'm 9 years old and I'm Jill's son.  I would like to do a post about... CHIPS!

I've been going around Dunfermline trying chips from lots of places.  Not only on this post am I going to talk about chips, I'll also tell you about my lunch today at The Inn at Carnock, near Dunfermline.

But first... CHIPS!! About 2 weeks ago I went to Grill48 but we forgot to take pictures but we will go back!     The chips were lovely and golden with a lovely flavour.  They were so crisp on the outside that you could hear them crack as you bit them, and the middle was lovely and fluffy.  The steak ciabatta that I had with them was gorgeous.

Moving on to chip sample number 2!  At The Inn at Carnock, they looked amazing but the flavour wasn't as nice as the chips at Grill48. They were crunchy, but not crunchy enough.

So Grill48 wins Round 1.

My lunch today at The Inn at Carnock was a minute steak baguette with red onion marmalade.  Even though I'm a kid I ordered from the adult menu but was still surprised when 2 baguettes appeared!


I didn't really mind because the bread tasted so good!  The bread was nice and fresh, it was very soft, it was very crisp on the outside (maybe a bit too crispy for me) and had a lovely doughy flavour.


The red onion marmalade was too sweet for my liking (and my mum's!) but I did enjoy my lunch.

I'm going to try lots more chips to see if anyone can beat Grill48.

To be continued...

1 comment: